Sunday, January 17, 2010

She is Here!

Daddy in awe of his little girl
Mima made this hat
Big Yawn
Proud Papa and Mima
Our little Burrito
The Hartman Family

Our little blessing is here! Haven Ann Hartman was born January 12, 2010 at 11 am. She was 7lbs 2 oz and 19.25 in. I had contractions on Monday morning, but they were far apart and did not hurt very much. That all changed around 11pm. My contractions worsend and were about 10 minutes apart. At 4-5 minutes apart we went to the hospital (around 5 am) and were admitted shortly after that. At 9 am I elected to have an epidural. About 1.5 hours later my water broke, I was fully dilated and Haven was on her way. Pushing caused her heart rate to drop, so they decided to use the suction device to help her out. After less than 5 minutes and 4 or 5 pushes she was laying in my lap.
She is gorgeous and perfect (obviously I am not biased). I thank God everyday for the wonderful pregnancy and baby that we have received. I only hope that I can take care of and protect this little miracle that He has entrusted to me. I fall in love with her everyday, well actually every moment. She is the most wonderful thing I could ever imagine.
She has been doing great since getting home. She sleeps a lot (which is giving me plenty of rest), she is feeding well, and at the moment we are working on getting a little more of a routine down.

No comments:

Post a Comment